- 12 Executive Committee meetings were held to plan and review the activities organized by the Society. Administration handbook was established for the committee operation reference.
- Up to the end of June 2004, the Society has 216 members of various grades, in which 47 are new members recruited in the session. The Society so far has 37 Senior Members and 6 Fellows.
International / Regional Activities
- Participated in 1st Asian Network for Quality (ANQ) conference in Beijing in September 2003 and 58th American Society for Quality (ASQ) Annual Conference in Toronto in May 2004. Presented papers and exchanged ideas of latest development with quality expertise.
Seminars, workshops and technical visits were organized by the Society. These activities were well received by our members and other participants. More than 150 participants participated in different activities
- Seminars/Workshops/Training Course
- Introduction to the Uniform Design for Industrial Experiments with Model Unknown
- Strategic Performance Management through Balanced Scorecard
- Integrated Management System
- Use of Statistical Package for 6 Sigma Projects
- Introduction and Implementation experience of ISO/TS16949
- Workshop on Body of Knowledge for Quality Engineer
- Technical Visits
- Hong Kong Note Printing Limited
- Six Sigma Training
- Exploring the possibility of organizing ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt training class in Hong Kong. Dr. Albert Tsang, Dr. Fugee Tsung and Dr. Aaron Tong were authorized ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt trainers.
- Quality Management Student Project Competition
- Organized Quality Management Student Project Competition and award presentation for the winners and project supervisors
- Added member benefits to members such as greater discounted price for members to participate in HKSQ local seminars, or activities organized in collaboration with other society / organization, discount rate to purchase Minitab software.
- Advertised on Sing Toa Daily and Economic Times and distributed a copy of the advertisement to members of American Chamber Hong Kong
- Redesign of HKSQ web page for better maintenance, linked to the Business Entry Portal (www.business.gov.hk) of the HKSAR Government
- Membership drive in City University of Hong Kong, PolyU and HKUST.
- Re-design of membership card for 2004/2005 onwards
- Designed Society pin to improve identity of the Society
- Delivered a presentation on “¤¤¤p¥ø¦p¦ó¦³®Ä¦a´£¤Éû¤u«~½èºÞ²zª¾ÃÑ” at a seminar organized by the ¡§Support and Consultation Centre for SMEs¡¨ of Trade and Industry Department, to promote services offered by HKSQ.
Service to the Community
- Dr. Aaron Tong participated in the Mentorship Program for SMEs organized by Trade and Industry Department to provide advice to SMEs
- Dr. Albert Tsang and Mr. Karson Chui acted as proctor of ASQ certification examinations in Hong Kong
- Thank you for all executive members who dedicated their time and resources to serve the Society in past year.
Prepared by Karson Chui
Chairman ¡V 2003/2004