|The office bearers and members of the Executive Committee for the financial year ending 30 June 2005 are as follows:
|Mr. Karson Chui
|Vice Chairman :
|Mr. Humphrey Lee
|Hon. Secretary :
|Mr. Lotto Lai
|Hon. Treasurer :
|Mr. Peter Fung
|Regular Committee Members :
|Mr. Vincent Cheng
|Dr. K.S. Chin
|Mr. C.P. Chow
|Mr. K.W. Lee
|Dr. Albert Tsang
|Dr. Aaron Tong
|Dr. Fugee Tsung
|Mr. Anson Kwok
|Mr. S.W. Lam
|Dr. James Lam
|Mr. Derek Kung
- 11 Executive Committee meetings were held to plan and review the activities organized by the Society.
- Up to the end of June 2005, the Society has 228 members of various grades, in which 67 are new members in the session. The Society so far has 34 Senior Members and 6 Fellows.
- Membership drive was conducted in City University of Hong Kong and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
International / Regional Activities
- Dr. K.S. Chin and Mr. Lotto Lai participated in the 2nd Asian Network for Quality (ANQ) Conference held in New Delhi, India in Aug 2004. They presented papers and exchanged ideas of latest development with quality experts at the event.
- Dr. Aaron Tong attended the 59th American Society for Quality (ASQ) Annual Conference held in Seattle USA in May 2005. He shared ideas of latest development with quality experts at the Conference.
- Dr. Albert Tsang represented the Society at the International Forum on Quality in Electronic Enterprises held in Shanghai in March 2005
Seminars, workshops and technical visits were organized by the Society. These activities were well received by our members and other participants. In total, more than 180 participants attended these activities.
- Seminars/Workshops/Training Course
- Compliance and Implementation Issues of Current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) in Pharmaceutical and Food Industries
- Impacts of Recent European Environmental Directives on Electronics Manufacturing Industries
- ISO14001:2004 and beyond
- Workshop on Body of Knowledge for Quality Manager
- Quality Management for Laboratory
- Technical Visits
- Shajing BDC Manfuacturing Factory
- Topsearch Printed Circuits (Shenzhen) Ltd
- Hong Kong Science and Technology Parks
- The China Engineers Ltd
- Brigantine Services Ltd
- Six Sigma Training
- HKSQ Six Sigma Green Belt Course
- Signed an agreement with ASQ for HKSQ to deliver the ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt course in Hong Kong
- Student Project Competition
- Organized a Student Project (Company Based) Competition to provide students with opportunities to resolve problems in a real manufacturing environment. It attracted overwhelming response from students of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong, University of Science and Technology, and teams with outstanding results were awarded.
- Entries to the Quality Management Student Project Competition have been received and the judging process is scheduled to take place in August 2005.
- Member Benefits
- Added member benefits to members such as greater discounted price for members who participate in HKSQ local seminars, and discount rate to purchase Minitab software.
- Advertised in Jil Jik and Ming Pao to promote the Society
- Advertised in the brochure of the 1st Six Sigma Convention
- Mr. Lotto Lai gave two presentations to industrialists promoting the ASQ certification programs and the Society at seminars organized by the Support and Consultation Centre for SMEs, Trade and Industry Department
Service to the Community
- Dr. Aaron Tong participated in the Mentorship Program for SMEs organized by Trade and Industry Department to provide advice to SMEs
- Dr. Albert Tsang, Mr. Karson Chui and Mr. C.P. Chow acted as proctor of ASQ certification examinations held in Hong Kong
- Dr. Albert Tsang served as member of the Technical Steering Committee of the Hong Kong Top Brand Mark Scheme organized by The Chinese Manufacturers¡¦ Association of Hong Kong.
- Dr. Albert Tsang served as member of the Panel of Experts for the assessment of entries to the ¡§Top 100 Electronic Enterprises for Quality in China¡¨ organized by the China Quality Management Association for Electronics Industry, Beijing.
- I wish to thank all executive members who dedicated their time and resources to serve the Society in the past year
Prepared by Karson Chui
Chairman – 2004/2005