|The office bearers and members of the Executive Committee for the financial year ending 30 June 2006 are as follows:
||Mr. Karson Chui
|Vice Chairman :
||Mr. Humphrey Lee
|Hon. Secretary :
||Mr. Lotto Lai
|Hon. Treasurer :
||Mr. Peter Fung
|Regular Committee Members :
||Mr. Vincent Cheng
||Dr. K.S. Chin
||Mr. C.P. Chow
||Mr. Anson Kwok
||Dr. Aaron Tong
||Mr. S.W. Lam
||Dr. James Lam
||Dr. Albert Tsang
||Dr. Fugee Tsung
||Mr. Derek Kung
||Mr. Ben Tsang
- 11 Executive Committee meetings were held to plan and review the activities organized by the Society.
- Up to the end of June 2006, the Society has 252 members of various grades, in which 31 are new members in the session. The Society so far has 38 Senior Members and 5 Fellows.
- Sessions of membership drive had been conducted in City University of Hong Kong and The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- This year (2006) is the 20th Anniversary of the Society, a committee was formed to design a commemorative publication, 20th anniversary logo and the souvenir. The 20th anniversary logo will be used till June 2007.
- Established an accreditation scheme for students of approved course to become HKSQ Certified Quality Professionals, e.g HKSQ Certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
International / Regional Activities
- Dr. K.S. Chin, Dr. Albert Tsang and Lotto Lai participated in the 3rd Asian Network for Quality (ANQ) Conference in Taiwan in Aug 2005. They presented papers and exchanged ideas of latest development with quality expertise
- Mr. Lotto Lai attended the 60th American Society for Quality (ASQ) Annual Conference in Milwaukee USA in May 2006. He met representatives of ASQ WorldPartners and shared quality development ideas with delegates at the event.
- Dr. Albert Tsang, Dr. Aaron Tong, Dr. K.S. Chin and Mr. Ben Tsang served as panelists in the discussion session on ‘New Challenges of Quality Professionals in Asia?held on June 27 2006 in the INFORMS Hong Kong Conference.
Seminars, workshops and technical visits were organized by the Society. These activities were well received by our members and other participants. A total of more than 200 participants attended these activities.
- Seminars/Workshops/Training Course
- Why Data Driven Decision Making is Essential for Continuous Quality Improvement
- BOK course of ASQ Six Sigma Black Belt
- Six Sigma for Engineers
- GMP for Pharmaceutical industries
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Introductory Seminar
- Sustainability: A Hong Kong Perspective
- Quality Management for Laboratories
- Technical Visits
- WIT Holding Limited
- CMC Magnetics (HK) Ltd
- CMA Testing and Certification Laboratories
- Electrical and Mechanical Services Department
- Nokia Capitel Telecommunications Ltd – Dongguan
- Student Project Competition
- Organized a Company Based Student Project Competition, sponsored by SAE Magnetics HK Ltd, to provide students with an opportunity to resolve problems in a real manufacturing environment. It received overwhelming response from students of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong, and University of Science and Technology. Teams with outstanding results were awarded. This event replaced the Quality Management Student Project Competition after the transition in 2005.
- Member Benefits
- Added member benefits to members such as greater discounted price for members to participate in HKSQ local seminars, International conference, and discounted rate to purchase Minitab software.
- Dr. Albert Tsang and Mr. Karson Chui gave a presentation to industrialists promoting the ASQ Six Sigma certification programs and the Society at a seminar organized by Support and Consultation Centre for SMEs, Trade and Industry Department
Service to the Community
- Dr. Aaron Tong participated in the Mentorship Program for SMEs organized by Trade and Industry Department to provide advice to SMEs
- Dr. Albert Tsang, Mr. Karson Chui and C.P. Chow acted as proctor of ASQ certification examinations in Hong Kong
- Thank you for all executive members who dedicated their time and resources to serve the Society in the past year
Prepared by Karson Chui
Chairman – 2005/2006