|The office bearers and members of the Executive Committee for the financial year ending 30th June 2015 were as follows:
||Mr. Peter Fung
|Vice Chairman :
||Ms. Angela Wong
|Hon. Secretary :
||Ms Minda Chiang
|Hon. Treasurer :
||Mr. C.P. Chow
|Regular Committee Members :
||Dr. K.S. Chin
Mr. Karson Chui
Dr. Lotto Lai
Mr. S.W. Lam
Mr. Humphrey Lee
Dr. Aaron W.K. Tong
Dr. Albert Tsang
Prof. Fugee Tsung
Mr. Ben Tsang
|Co-opted Members :
||Mr. Raymond Chan
Mr. Derek Kung
Dr. Steven Shum
Mr. Eric Suen
Mr. Ricky Suen
Dr. Jacky Ting
Mr. Simon Tong
Dr. Ken Yau
|HKSQ Oversea Representatives :
||Prof. Frankey Pun (Representative of the Americas)
Dr. Andy Wong (Representative of the UK)
Dr. Zoie Wong (Representative of Japan)
Hong Kong Society for Quality (HKSQ) has recorded another successful year of 2014/2015 on its commitment to serving local quality professionals in the past 29 years.
- In the 2014/2015 session, the Executive Committee met 12 times to plan and review the activities organized by the Society. One of these meetings was dedicated to formulation of the plan of activities in the year under review.
- HKSQ activities held in 2014/2015 are summarized as follows:
- Membership drive: 5
- Study Missions: 1
- Workshops/Training: 6
- Seminars: 18 (9 organized by HKSQ; 11 supported by HKSQ)
- Technical Visits: 4
- Student Project Competition: 1
- These activities were well received by our members and other participants.
- Membership Drive
- Membership drive was conducted at City University of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, The Chinese University of Hong Kong and The University of Hong Kong to attract new members from undergraduate and post-graduate students.
- Up to the end of June 2015, the Society has 402 individual members (with voting rights), 3 Student Members and 13 Corporate Members. These 402 individual members consist of 7 Fellows, 94 Senior Members and 301 Ordinary Members. In addition, we have 39 Certified Six Sigma Black Belts, 127 Certified Six Sigma Green Belts, 1 Certified Laboratory Quality Specialists, 5 Provisional Laboratory Quality Specialists and 13 Certified Quality Engineers.
- Workshops/Training Courses
- The Workshop on BOK for Quality Engineer was conducted in Sep – Nov 2014.
- The Workshop on BOK for Six Sigma Green Belt was conducted in Jan – Mar 2015.
- The Workshop on Innovation Total Quality Improvement was conducted on 7th Feb 2015.
- The training course on Pharmaceutical GMP was conducted in Feb – Mar 2015.
- The Workshop on BOK for Reliability Engineer was conducted in Apr – May 2015.
- The Workshop of Advanced Methods in Food Microbiology and Chemistry was conducted on 12th May 2015.
- Events Organized by HKSQ
- The seminar on “Why an innovation-based business should consider IP audit?” on 25th Jul 2014.
- The seminar on “The Culture of Quality Research Study” was held on 1st Nov 2014.
- The seminar on “Innovation Model – Innovative Total Quality Improvement” was held on 16th Jan 2015.
- The seminar on “Assuring Food Quality and Safety in the UK Food Industry” was held on 20th Jan 2015.
- The seminar on “System Approach to Innovation Management” was held on 24th Jan 2015.
- The seminar on “Six Sigma and DOE in Service industries” was held on 25th Jun 2015.
- The seminar on “Food Toxicity Testing using Fish Embryos” was held on 25th Jun 2015.
- In order to allow our members to put aside their day-to-day work, improve the Quality of Life, a Social Event “Quality of Life Series: 都市人頸肩痛的預防與自我手法舒緩介紹講座” was held on 7th Nov 2014.
- The Heritage Sites Tour to the Western District was held on 28th Feb 2015.
- Events Supported by HKSQ
- We continued to support other local and international professional bodies in organizing seminars or symposia that align with our objectives to leverage the resources and allow members to join these activities at no cost or at discounted prices.
· Study Mission
- The study mission to the Shenzhen Association for Quality was held on 9th Sep 2014.
· Technical Visits
- The technical visit to LSG Sky Chefs was held on 8th Nov 2014.
- The technical visit to Alibaba Hong Kong on 12th Dec 2014.
- The technical visit to Trade & Development Council on 8th May 2015.
- The technical visit to ActiveCare Pharmacy Medication Management Centre on 28th May 2015.
· Student Project Competition
- The Society organized the 11th Company Based Student Project Competition (Jan – Mar 2015) which attracted teams formed by students from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology and Chinese University of Hong Kong. We are grateful to GP Batteries International Limited for offering contestants with real projects in their operations, hosting a works visit for contestants to make observations and collect data, and serving on the judging panel of the competition.
International / Regional Networking
- Exco members met Patricia C. Londe, ASQ Chairman Elected, and Denis J. Devos, ASQ QMD representative, on 5th Aug 2014.
- Exco members met Fred Zhang, General Manager of ASQ China, on 19th Sep 2014.
- Exco members met Ronald Kingen, ASQ Former President and Chairman of ASQ, on 1st Nov 2014.
- Exco members met Jane Seddon – Chairman of Process Management International (PMI), on 5th Nov 2014 .
- Exco members met Dr. Gusakov, Chairman of ANQ, on 30th December 2014.
- Chairman and exco members represented the Society and attended the ANQ Congress in Singapore in Aug 2014 so as to build working relationship with other ANQ member organizations.
- Dr. Lotto Lai represented the Society and participated in the International Quality Conference (ICQ) held in Tokyo in Oct 2014.
- Dr. Albert Tsang has been serving as the Country Counsellor of ASQ in Hong Kong since 2013, he also represents HKSQ on matters relating to ASQ. He represented the Society and attended ASQ World Conference on Quality and Improvement held in Nashville, Tennessee in May 2015 to discuss the future development of ASQ-HK and its collaboration with HKSQ.
- Dr. KS Chin represents HKSQ on matters relating to ANQ.
Service to the Community
- The Society has provided a 5-year sponsorship program for Student Project Competition winners and full time Research students on Quality topics to present at ANQ Congress starting in 2015
- The Society served as a member of the Advisory Committee for Start-up Companies. (Represented by Dr. Lotto Lai)
- The Society served as a member of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Hong Kong Brand Development Council. (Represented by Dr. Albert Tsang)
- The Society served as a mentor in the SUCCESS mentorship. (Representative: Dr. Aaron Tong)
- The Society served as a member of the HKQF for TIC Industry Training Advisory Committee. (Represented by Dr. Lotto Lai)
- Members, Mr. Karson Chui, Mr. Humphrey Lee, Mr. C.P. Chow, Ms. Minda Chiang, Ms Angela Wong, Mr. Ricky Suen, Mr. Peter Fung and Dr. Albert Tsang, served as proctors of ASQ certification examinations held in Hong Kong in the year under review
Internet Communication Group
- HKSQ LinkedIn Group (Established since 2009)
- HKSQ Facebook Group (Established since 2010)
- HKSQ Twitter Group (Established since 2010)
- We continued to make use of Social Media such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter to share quality related information with quality practitioners worldwide.
Celebration of the 30th Anniversary
- The next year 2015/2016 will be the 30th Anniversary of the Society. The Society submitted an application for Productivity and Quality Award of the Hong Kong Award for Industries 2016.
Prepared by Peter K. Fung
Chairman – 2014/2015